This seems to be a very common occurrence in our household...I swear this happens more than is really even funny.
So, after we've put the kids to bed, I'm in the kitchen doing dishes, getting stuff ready for the kids to go to school tomorrow, etc....not bothering to be too quiet or anything. After I've finished all the "chores," I go to sit down and maybe (just maybe, hopefully, please God) sit down for a few minutes before it's time to feed Lindley one last time. I kid you not, as soon as my bottom touches the couch, I hear a noise. Surely, that was the t.v. or something. So, I go ahead and get more comfortable. Then, I hear it again. You've got to be kidding me, right? Sure enough, "Waaaaa!" Lindley is waking up. HOW does she know that I sat down? How does she know that I was trying to relax for just a few minutes?!?
This is going to be one of my questions for God when I get to Heaven. How (and why?) do kids just know?
Lanny thinks that I must sit down too loudly...careful, buddy! :)
The year is now 2015...and so much has changed.
11 years ago
5 comments:
Good question!! It is the same in my house.
How is everything going? I will have to call and catch you up on everything with Emily!
How is Lindley doing?
HILARIOUS!!!!!
OK, I totally just added you to my reader. Thanks for the comment and for reminding me of how much I like you guys! I'll keep up to date now.
You are funny! I'm so sorry you can't have a moment's peace. I feel your pain. But I think Lindley can hear you sit down because she's a superhero baby, (she's got Superwoman as a mom, so it makes perfect sense) and so she has super sonic hearing. This could really come in handy later in life...
That's TOO funny! You have such cute kids!! :)
Post a Comment