Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nearing the End...

As summer is coming to an end, I have been thinking about the great times we have had this summer!

We went to Canyon for the fourth of July. It literally rained on our parade and the fireworks were cancelled, but we still had a great time with the fam.





We also got to go to Great Wolf Lodge. It was a total blast, and Ben keeps asking when we will get to go back! He could have stayed there a whole additional day, but the rest of us were wiped out!


I also did some interviewing over the summer and have accepted a new position within my company. I will be working from home starting September 7. I am excited and nervous about the new job.

Lanny and I celebrated our 8th anniversary and had an awesome date night while some super sweet friends kept the kiddos.




And, we went to the circus...Zing, Zang, Zoom!! I still hear those 'magic' words all the time!



Brandt'ler' as we call him, turned 1 year old...so hard to believe! We had a small get together to celebrate the little guy! His doctor visit went well, but we have confirmed that he has food allergies. I am still trying to figure that all out, but for now, I know that he is allergic to dairy, egg, and peanut. And, possibly wheat, sesame seed, corn, and soy. We will hopefully meet with the allergist soon.

As the summer comes to a close, a big chapter in our life is over and a new one is beginning. Ben starts kindergarten next week. We found out this week who his teacher will be, and we have Meet the Teacher night tomorrow night. He couldn't be more excited! I, on the other hand, am barely holding it together!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

A busy, but blessed summer! So sorry to hear about Brandt's allergies. That stresses me out just reading about it. But good to know! And we are praying for Ben and for you as he starts kinder! It'll be a great adventure!