Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We Left on a Jet Plane

I'm really late in posting this, but we went to Canyon for Mother's Day weekend. The purpose of the trip was three-fold: 1) to help my beautifully pregnant sister-in-law register for baby stuff, 2) to celebrate my step-dad's "milestone" birthday, and 3) to celebrate Mother's Day. It was a fun trip - the airport was a little crazy with two kids, but we managed to make it. Ben got a little scared during takeoff, but both kids really did absolutely great on the plane itself.

Here is Ben standing in line to check our bags:
Mom, stop with the pictures! Ben had his first experience with the ice cream truck:
Happy Mother's Day! Me with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law (Meme and Aunt Lollie) By the way, Aunt Lollie is expecting Levi Shane on 08.08.08.
The Schrib boys...
I have a picture of Steve at his birthday party, but I'll refrain from embarrasing him since I did enough of that at his party.

On the way back (when I was by myself with the 2 kids and barely made it to the plane on time), the cockpit door was open and Ben said, "Mommy, look...pilots!" And, he was of course wearing his "Jet Setter" t-shirt. So, the flight attendant took him and introduced him to the pilots while I got settled with Lindley. She didn't bring him back until he had greeted all of the people getting on to the plane, and made an annoucment thanking her "special helper."

I also have to say that I am going to write a letter to Southwest about their incredibly stupid new policy of families boarding after all of the A group (unless you have an A boarding pass). It's just not right!!!

Needless to say, fun was had by all.



1 comment:

Michelle said...

These are awesome pictures. You are supermom! And of course, Ben is the superstar! :) Laura looks cute. I need to email her and send her a gift. When is her canyon shower? Maybe I can send a gift with you?!? Once summer gets here, I'm totally coming up to hang with you....and your pool. :)
Love you much!