Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Texans Soccer

Ben had his first soccer game this weekend. He has been so excited for his first game for a LONG time now. He did score one goal, and he ran off the field with his arms raised in a victory lap. We were proud of him, but had to remind him that he had to finish the game! Unfortunately, they did lose the game thanks to a girl on the other team who had to be like 7 years old. But, thankfully, they don't officially keep score. So, Ben thought he won since he scored a goal. And, we remind him that as long as he is having fun, does his best, and is a good teammate, then he has won!

When he was not playing, he and another teammate sat on the sidelines yelling "Texans! Texans!" (which is their team name). Ben is #12.



5 comments:

Michelle said...

Of course, he is the star player! No one is surprised by that. I'm glad his first game was a success, by his standards. I hope we get to see him play sometime. Go Texans!!

Anonymous said...

I wish his jersey didn't look like a dress.

Brad

Missy said...

Who sent Brad my blog address anyway? I seriously need a spam blocker on this thing...

Susan said...

Yea for Ben!! I am sure that he is loving it. Luke just started his first soccer season this past week. He is also very excited to start playing. We will keep you posted on how it goes!

Dustin said...

Good to see that he has chosen to be #12, just slightly unfortunate that he decided to put that number on one of his mom's dresses. I have to agree with brad on this one.