BUT, as it says in 1 Thessalonians 1:18, "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." There are so many things that we are so very thankful for during this short period of our lives.
There have been so many awesome people who have jumped right in to help in any way that they can. We have had lots of yummy dinners brought, which was made even easier by a dinner calendar that a friend set up. Ben has played with lots of neighborhood friends, and some people have even wanted to help with chores! And, of course our loving parents, who do even more for us when they are here than I would normally do! My mom got to be here for a big chunk of July; she worked so very hard and really did so much that helped us make it through the month. Lanny's parents have also gotten to come and got some house maintenance and every last piece of laundry taken care of! My aunt and cousin also came to stay, and the baby now has the cutest curtains on the block thanks to my aunt. My cousin, Rosston, was so awesome with Ben; he was in heaven!! My dad and brother are up next; they get here at the end of the week.
Everyone's thoughtfulness has been an amazing expression of God's love, and we have been so blessed by the way other's have served. I read somewhere that "God's comfort can come in a card, a call, a casserole, or a consoling hug," and we have had all of that!
Thankfully, the bed rest has served its purpose and my blood pressure has been staying low enough to keep me out of the hospital. I go to the doctor twice a week, and those are my weekly "outings." I found out yesterday that, if I make it this far (in the words of the doctor), then I will be induced on August 18!!
1 comment:
Love your pic! You really do look great! In fact, I had told Evan that you were sick before we came over and when we left he said, "Ben's mom didn't look sick." He was kind of confused. ;)
Great news on the date! We will keep praying for you all!
Post a Comment