Monday, May 26, 2008

No News is Good News?

Lindley had her series of tests this past Friday as well as a follow-up appointment with the pulmonologist. We didn't get a whole lot of "news," but what we did find out was mostly good. Her upper GI showed that everything was normal; her chest x-ray showed a little inflamation, but was also considered normal. Her swallow test showed that she is still aspirating, and we were actually told that she needed her milk thicker than what we had been doing (we were hoping for less).
I was confused as to how we could have been using a certain thickness for 4 months now without a problem and all of a sudden, need to go thicker. What we learned later was that her swallow study could have shown a different swallowing technique because she was sick (double ear infection diagnosed on Monday). So, the plan was to make her milk a little thicker while she is sick, and then go back to the consistency we have been using when she is well.

Both our pediatrician and the pulmonologist want to give Lindley about one more month on the ear infections before we consider tubes. However, if she continues to have problems throughout June, we need to consider putting tubes in sooner rather than later.

In other Lindley news, I succumbed to the pressure and cut off Lindley's Amish curls. You would think that would be easy but....Just kidding! I didn't do that bad of a job; her hair is blending in to the table cloth in the background. Here is another picture...
And, thanks to all of those who pressured me, people now ask me if she is a boy. So, thanks.

Here is one more recent pic...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

She is so stinkin' cute!!! And being asked if she is a boy is a normal question, where as being asked if she's from Pennsylvania, or drives a horse-drawn cart, is not. :) But I am sorry if you felt pressured....you are the mom and you should decide the hairstyle--at least until she is old enough to argue about it.

Your surprise visit today was so AWESOME! Thank you so much for making the time to hang with me for a little bit. You can brighten my day like no one else!! I'm so lucky to have you as my BFF! :)

Susan said...

Could she be any cuter? I do not think so!! I think that the hair cut is soooo adorable. I am happy for you all that everything is going well for you all! Keep me posted.